View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2023, 06:24 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Dio - Evil or Divine – Live in New York City

Concert from 2005 which is poorly rendered for dvd using different film stocks and going from colour to black and white. It looks shit most of the time, however you can't fault the music and Ronnie Dio is in fine voice and Doug Aldrich is a fine foil on guitar. Jimmy Bain and Simon Wright were both still in the band at that time too.

The video for the single Push is also on the dvd featuring Tenacious D. The best thing on the disc as it's a very clever promo short.

Deicide - When London Burns

Filmed at The Mean Fiddler in London in 2004 this is a an intense club gig. The only issue i have with it is Glen Benton's between song introductions. They are just juvenile insulting crap. Despite this When London Burns is a face ripping experience with the likes of Scars of the Crucifix, Dead By Dawn and Sacrificial Suicide particular favourites.

It looks way better than the Dio dvd.

I also watched Korn - The Encounter for the third time. I love this concert mainly due to the outdoor setting as daylight turns to darkness in the corn field. i've reviewed this before. See the top post on this very page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EvilDivine_video.jpg (21.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Deicide_-_When_London_Burns.jpg (19.1 KB, 1 views)