View Single Post
Old 8th August 2023, 08:24 AM
Cult Master

Reviews are starting to come in for the Alice / Crue / Leppard shows, but they seem to be concentrating on the headliners rather than Alice

Syracuse .com states "Alice Cooper kicked off the marathon show at 5:45 p.m., showcasing hits like 'Eighteen,' 'Feed My Frankenstein,' and 'Billion Dollar Babies.' The eclectic singer, renowned for his bizarre onstage antics, capped off his set with a stellar rendition of his mega-hit 'School’s Out,' and surprised fans by incorporating Pink Floyd’s 'Another Brick in the Wall Pt. II.' Ever the dark horse, Cooper finished by tossing his tophat into the ring of the presidential race with an over the top performance of 'Elected'" and concludes that "...In this hard rock shootout, Mötley Crüe may have edged out their co-performers for the most razor-sharp set of the night, but Alice Cooper and Def Leppard put on sets that contributed to a rock show for the ages."

Meanwhile, Backstage Axxess writes "First up was Rock and Roll legend Alice Cooper. This is the first Allice Cooper show in a while as he just ended his summer tour with his other project, the Hollywood Vampires. This was probably the best one hour show I saw this year. Cooper jam packed 15 songs within that time period and incorporated as many of his stage props too. Sheryl Cooper was there dressed as Mari Antionette for the part in 'I Love the Dead.' What should be noted as the first time in 20 years, I saw Cooper bring out the boa constrictor for the tune 'Snakebite.' Copper sounded great and they rounded the set with a fantastic rendition of 'Elected.' There are always three things certain in life: death, taxes and Alice Cooper putting on a fantastic show!"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty