View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2010, 02:19 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Okay, Im gonna have ago at this. I see im the first to post. Ive chosen to use Major Cooper only seen on the operating table in Day with only his brain and his body. Ive decided to do it in a sort of Captains Log style way, and give him a backstory from the events in Night leading up to the events in Day. Hope you enjoy....

FROM THE DESK OF MAJ. BYRON M COOPER U.S ARMY

I remember when all this started. '68, that's the year the shit hit the fan. My unit were forty clicks west of Saigon, we knew something was going down. There were reports over the airwaves that some serious shit was happening back home, some sort of attack, people attacking other people, biting them and eating them. We were fighting a loosing war over in Nam with no way of helping. The national Guard, Local militia and local police forces got overpowered by riots, gun fights and looting, the united states turned into a nation of chaos and anarchy. The violence and attacks spread throughout the world rapidly and before we knew it we were facing the biggest threat we'd ever seen in any war...the dead didn't stay dead. We came across a VC POW camp deep in the jungle, Bodies lay everywhere, all of them had bullet holes in their foreheads. One of the guys in my squad, a passionate soldier by the name Rhodes, discovered what had happened to three of our guys, he found them all tied to god damn crosses, their insides on their outsides, the place was a ****ing blood bath. We heard noises coming from inside some makeshift prison cells. Rhodes and I went to check them out and what we found, well words can't compare to what we actually saw, there must have been about ten of these deadhead mother ****ers all chowing down on some poor ass hole's body. Legs, arms, feet...the entire thing. We took out are 1911's took aim and blew these 'things' back to hell. We had to get out of Nam fast. My commanding officer Gen. Edward R Lee, got us out via transport plane. I tell you that was the best flight id ever taken but we had no idea what would be waiting for us back home.

We touched down on U.S soil, but departing the plane wasn't gonna be easy, those things were everywhere, we had to be armed and ready, 20 got on the plane, only seven got off including myself and Pvt. Rhodes. The Remaining Government had set up a sort of make shift white house on the outskirts of Pittsburgh. Rhodes got promoted to corporal and we got stationed out in Fort Myers, Florida. The war on the home front carried on and on and on, many men died only to come back. We watched in horror as we'd take em down and they'd get back up. We finally realised that every body that is not exterminated becomes one of them, it gets up and kills, The people it Kills get up and kill, in an everlasting cycle. One that could only be broken by destroying the brain.

We eventually got assigned to a group of research scientists. Fort Myers was gone, totally empty except for the deadheads. The Scientists were supposed to find a cure, but they couldn't. The head scientist Dr. Logan, came up with the idea of instead of curing them, train them, train them to use what ever little brains cell they had left. We got sent underground to a former mine converted to a huge underground government vault. Not only were we responsible for finding a cure, we were responsible for preserving the last remaining remnants of our past existence. Rhodes got promoted to captain and started getting more and more aggressive to a point where now, I think he wants to take charge. He hates the scientists, especially Logan who he' dubbed Frankenstein due to the experiments Logan is carrying out. Its now late June and there's only a handful of us left. We've got six maybe seven soldiers and about five scientists left, there's also the two chopper pilots McDermott and the black guy John. They keep to them selves and live in a caravan down in one of the tunnels. This is gonna be my last entry into this ledger, ive got maybe five or six hours left. One of Logan's subjects got loose, and I got bitten. It's hard to write and focus properly, im slowly changing into one of them, I have asked Rhodes to stop me before I become one of the living dead. I don't want that to happen. So this is my story, this my life from 1968 to 1985, in the 17 years since Nam, i've not had a day to rest, not stopped fighting but as my light dims, I won't have to fight anymore. I know Rhodes will do the right thing and lead the men and hopefully the scientists into finally eradicating this hellish disease. I just hope he doesn't **** it up. So for the last time this Major Byron Martin Cooper, signing off.

Major Byron M Cooper US Army....K.I.A

Well there we go, if i win, i'll have to buy a Blu-ray player cause this set is too good to pass up an oportunity to get it free.

That is BRILLIANT Pedro! What a great story to kick it all off. I really really did enjoy that and luv all the references you've put in there. Very very nice work indeed!