View Single Post
Old 16th August 2023, 07:27 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

MV5BMTg0NTIzMjQ1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDc3MzM5OQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

When two little girls go missing the father of one of the girls is so frustrated with the investigation that he takes it upon himself to to do some interigating of his own.

I had been putting this off for years not sure why because I always hear so many great things about it so yesterday I finally gave it a go and I was not disappointed. The whole thing is so gloomy and dark the way it's shot is beautiful and that score is so sinister and chilling at times it reminded me of The Hitcher. Jake Gyllenhaal is at his usual brilliance and Paul Dano dose and amazing job of playing the creepy little b*stars with the mind of a 10 year old but you know there is more going on behind his blank childlike demeanor. But for me it's Hugh Jackman that steals the show his performance is so intense show how far a person can be pushed when someone they love more than life itself is harmed. Running at two and a half hours I was gripped the whole time not knowing what was going to happen next what twist and turn this film was gonna take.

I know the film has been out years but I still don't want to go too much into detail for anyone who has not seen it I'll just say it's a pretty dark ride.

But nothing prepared me for what I watched next.