View Single Post
Old 16th August 2023, 08:00 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

MV5BYzhmNWMyYjQtNTVlMC00MGUwLWFmYjEtM2NkNWY0ODQ2YmFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg

Through a chance encounter on a long-distance bus ride two men get chatting and soon a friendship starts to blossom. Henry Teague is a man with no much going on in life his asthma stops him from working anymore so when he new friend offers him the chance to make a few easy buck delivering packages he is cautious but he needs the money and says he will only come along of there is no violence involved. On the first drop Henry meets Mark the guy that organises the drops and collections he is the man with the direct line to the top and he is Henry's way in to more lucrative jobs. Mark demands that Henry is upfront and honest about any criminal records he has time spent in prison how big or small the crimes were all not to draw too much attention to the organisation promising him that they can get rid of anything crimes he has done but they need to know so they can avoid snooping. But the truth is this is all a sting operation to get Mark to confess to an unsolved crime some eight years ago. Now it's up to Mark to put himself in the most uncomfortable and dangerous position in his career and life by befriending Mark and getting close to know everything about him a situation that never stops escalating.

Right off the bat the film blew me away it's not fast paced by any means but Jesus is it dark intense and some times uncomfortable to watch. At first Henry seems like a bit of an innocent flood but once he starts to get comfortable with Mark and open up it's extremely unnerving. Joel Edgerton and Sean Harris and absolutely amazing Im honestly getting chills typing this thinking of certain scenes and one of Joel Edgerton a final scenes just almost broke me honestly a breathtaking performances by both men.

Nobody makes gritty films that stick with you Like the Australians it's shot so beautifully in a really depressing dark grim way. Films that grab you by the throat and don't let know day sometimes even weeks after you watched the film you can still feel the grip around your neck.

At the start of the film it says based on a true story sometimes you can take that with a pinch of salt but afterwards I looked up the case it was based on and it makes the film even more haunting. I watched a few documentaries about it from 60 minutes Australia late last yeah don't do that Christ sake not a good idea.

A stunning film like I said it's a slow film building up the friendship between Mark and Henry but it's so worth every second amazing honestly