View Single Post
Old 27th August 2023, 02:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just rewatched Rise of Skywalker. Despite my recent defence of the film, this was only my 3rd time watching. I really enjoyed it (sorry). The SW internet 'rules' now are that it's finally fine to like the prequels but you have to hate the sequel trilogy.

I can recall that after Force Awakens and Rogue One, the internet had decided that it was proof that the prequels were terrible. I never thought that way, have always liked Phantom Menace (despite Jar Jar being annoying at times) and Revenge of the Sith. Attack of the Clones I do struggle with, it's only the Jango Fett vs Obi-Wan fight on Kamino and space asteroid ship battle that I really enjoy.

The sequel trilogy - I actually like it, it probably helps that I really like Adam Driver playing Kylo Ren. There is a lot of comedy in Rise of Skywalker which I'm sure is one of the reasons why so many hated it. As 90% of that comedy comes from CP3O dialogue it doesn't bother me too much. I enjoy that character being so prominently featured.

It can't have been easy when Carrie Fisher died before finishing work on the film and producing an end product must have been difficult (I still wonder what Nolan's third Batman film would have been like if it could have used Heath Ledger as originally planned).

In short, I enjoy the sequel trilogy, internet rules be damned - flame away! btw I also enjoyed Jurassic World Dominion, thought it was great popcorn fun and that's another film that the 'net has decided is one of the worst films ever.