View Single Post
Old 5th September 2023, 07:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
Hey all, are we expecting a new Hammer box set from indicator anytime soon? I love those sets, but vols 5 and 6 are hanging around. Maybe they didn't sell and they've canned the range. Maybe Second Sight have muscled in? Its a shame as I though Vol 6 was fantastic.

I still think there's scope for a Lost Continent/Paranoiac/Dracula Has Risen From The Grave/ X the Unknown set! Come on Indicator.
The Hammer boxes have sold very well indeed - in fact, I think Volume 6 has just gone OOP, bang on schedule (only Vol 5 has been a slow seller, and that's not too surprising given that Visa to Canton was included more for its extreme rarity than for its artistic merits) - and we'd love to do more, as they're huge fun to work on.

But rights and materials are proving a pretty insuperable challenge, forcing us to indefinitely shelve plans for a turn-of-the-Sixties Hammer comedy set (which most likely would have been Volume 7), and there's simply not enough out there available for licensing to put a viable alternative together.

But it's not as if we're twiddling our thumbs not producing other similar stuff - in particular, it's pretty much inconceivable that Hammer fans won't adore Mexico Macabre, which was put together in exactly the same spirit.