View Single Post
Old 6th September 2023, 05:50 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
The Hammer boxes have sold very well indeed - in fact, I think Volume 6 has just gone OOP, bang on schedule (only Vol 5 has been a slow seller, and that's not too surprising given that Visa to Canton was included more for its extreme rarity than for its artistic merits) - and we'd love to do more, as they're huge fun to work on.

But rights and materials are proving a pretty insuperable challenge, forcing us to indefinitely shelve plans for a turn-of-the-Sixties Hammer comedy set (which most likely would have been Volume 7), and there's simply not enough out there available for licensing to put a viable alternative together.

But it's not as if we're twiddling our thumbs not producing other similar stuff - in particular, it's pretty much inconceivable that Hammer fans won't adore Mexico Macabre, which was put together in exactly the same spirit.

Thanks for the reply. I think the Hammer sets are awesome, it's just so annoying that the Hammer rights reside with 100s of different people! Indicator have done great work in highlighting lesser know Hammer to the world, and turned me into a Hammer obsessive in the process.

Will definitely check out Mexico Macabre, but I the meantime I'm going to pick up that Lost Continent dvd I've been sizing up.

I'd love to see a Tigon set, or perhaps an Amicus one if there are any rights around? Scream and Scream again, Madhouse etc...

Keep up the good work!