View Single Post
Old 11th September 2023, 07:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda View Post
Oh these are great! I saved my few Hammer VHS and quite a few assorted others. I still own my copy of Terror Vision's "House of Wax", with the postcards (although one is duplicated). Every single VHS tape has a story, for me, because I was only able to buy them in my trips from Lisbon to London, and given their weight I had to choose well. I once took a suitcase (one of those old giant ones) that was deep enough for exactly one VHS and I filled it 100% with books and VHS tapes. I'm looking at a rown now in my wall and it must have fit some 100 tapes. I never sweated so much taking it from the hotel to the airport. This was before they charged you for extra weight lol! I used to program my stay in the cheapest possible place -- I once stayed in a hotel room that to this day I'm convinced was a closet, somewhere in Edgware Road -- and eat as little as possible so that I could go into Forbidden Planet and Virgin and buy all the my budget allowed, to the cent. Man, this brough back memories
Great story Nuno. I love your dedication to the cause