View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2023, 04:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 248012

Ten years after his crew double cross him Bull returns to settle a score and get is son back from his drug addicted ex wife.

Browsing through Netflix I kept coming across this but never got the chance to watch it plus I have always enjoyed Neil Maskell in anything I have seen him in so there was an extra pull there and as Bull he does not disappoint. Bull is a great revenge film it's nasty and violent but as nasty and violent as it is you always side with bull because under the madness he just loves his boy and wants to protect him. There are no signs that he was a bad husband and definitely not a bad father his wife is having an affair with one of Bulls crew and her father is the head of the gang Bull run a with so he forces the marriage break up because daddies girl always get what she wants but there is a way to go about it and unfortunately they went about it all the wrong way.

The acting is ok some better than others there are a few people that look like they are acting if you get me not natural just acting but Neil Maskell steals the show he is pretty amazing when he is with his son he is soft and loving but when his buttons are pushed he is terrifying to watch so I can only imagine what it would be like to be around such a person in person.

The soundtrack is somber and fits the tone of the film perfectly it's just there in the background never overpowering just subtle enough to create an atmosphere even an element of horror and unease . Soundtracks like these can be so beautiful when done right and here it's certainly done right.

Well worth a watch and the ending is pretty brilliant to me anyway.

Gritty low budget British crime revenge film perfect for a dull wet afternoon fits the mood of outside and brings it into your sitting room.
Good choice Nordi. I came across this on a blind watch and thoroughly enjoyed it.