View Single Post
Old 27th September 2023, 10:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Death Of A Soldier

Based on a True Story where a U.S. Soldier (Reb Brown) based in Australia during WWII murders women after getting drunk. James Coburn initially investigates along with 2 Australian Detectives but ends up defending him after it's found out that he has a Mental Disease and the U.S. Military want to hang him in order to appease the Australians.

I really enjoyed this one, I found it to be well acted by it's many main stars especially Brown and Coburn and this needs a UK physical release. It would fit in with 88, 101, Arrow, Eureka and Radiance.

Luckily it was on Youtube.

Zombie Holocaust

Whilst investigating some Cannibalistic incidents in a Hospital, some Americans are sent to a remote country where a local Doctor is trying to re-animate the dead and creates Zombies and they have to deal with Cannibals as well.

Back in 2001, whilst in HMV, I had the choice of buying Eaten Alive or this one on VHS (This was the Stonevision version) as they were both the same price and just watched Cannibal Ferox, I went with the Lenzi Film and whilst I enjoyed it, luckily I realized that after the other purchases I made, I had enough money to buy ZH, the next day. I loved it then, I loved the 88 Films DVD and I upgraded to the 88 Films Blu-Ray and I still enjoyed the gore and the hilariously bad dubbing, I felt the picture wasn't has good as it should have been especially during the night scenes.

Dumb Money

Based on the True Story of the Gamestop Share Buying Scandal where normal people were seemingly prevented from making money by the larger Investment Firms.

It's similar to The Big Short but it didn't have the celebrity explainations, I understood the gist of what was going on but not fully understanding what was going on and in a way I was thinking you idiots, sell and take the money. It was a good film and there are some good performances from Paul Dano and Seth Rogan and Nick Offerman was funny as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg doas.jpg (14.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg zh.jpg (13.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg dm.jpg (14.4 KB, 3 views)