View Single Post
Old 30th September 2023, 02:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Lost Boys: The Thirst (2010)

Veteran vampire hunter Edgar Frog is hired by a woman to rescue her brother from a sect of vampires who host illegal raves and turn them into killing sprees.

The returning Corey Feldman as Edgar Frog is a delight, he's basically doing his best Rambo impersonation throughout and i really can't decide if Feldman is great or utterly terrible but it worked for me as did the daft twist finale which turned everything on it's head regarding the vampires and their prisoner.

It was great to see the Goddess that is Tanit Phoenix in another genre role as the horror writer who hires Frog to do her dirty work, although she's not as sleazily sexy as she is in the Death Race sequels and she really shouldn't have gone with the faux Liz Hurley posh English accent.

Yet again the soundtrack rocked, albeit with bands i'd never heard of but sounded to have been dragged off Sunset Strip in 1990 as well as Goth rockers Aiden who reprised their version of Cry Little Sister as heard in Lost Boys: The Tribe (2008)

On the whole this slick South African shot film is a long, long way from the original eighties classic and feels like one of Frog's gory vampire comics come to life so if that was the desired effect then both Lost Boys sequels work superbly.

This definitely isn't the greatest vampire film you'll see but i sat there with what seemed a huge grin on my face from first minute to last.