View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2023, 06:16 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days of Unseen Horror

Day 2

MV5BMWU0NjMxZGMtMjg5OC00Y2RiLThiMmEtYzYzMmFiNTgyMjM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

As the world is dealing with a deadly virus a scientist and his park ranger guide head off on a two day trek to find the base camp of another scientist that is out in the woods working off grid. During their first night their camp id destroyed and they are both assaulted with all their gear and equipment smashed they must wonder the woods without guidence and shoeless. A hermit living in the woods offers to help them with food shoes and medicine but soon his good gesture is turned on its head and they are held captive drugged and force into a strange sort of ritual to please the woods.

I'm glad this was on Netflix because it was a complete waste of my time honestly it's overly long and nothing really happens just a lot of talk that doesn't explain anything sometimes not even making sense. I tried my best to keep up with it but I just kept getting bored. The lead actor is absolutely shocking I have seen him in something before but can't quite place him but I know I didn't like him there either. The guy from League of Gentlemen was really good but he was the only one that created a bit of unease but maybe that's just from his previous work .

The best things about the whole film for me was the soundtrack sounded great it had the 80s synthwave thing going on and the location was beautiful.

I'm sure there is some deep meaning to this that I totally missed but it just wasn't for me.

Day 2 is a dud