View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2023, 03:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Street Asylum

Wings Hauser is a Policeman who gets assigned to a new Department after he is shot however the rest of the unit take things too far in apprehending the criminals and therefore after investigating, he finds out that they are being mind controlled.

Another find from my VHS Trailer Reel watching and whilst this can be considered as Video Shop Shelve Filler, it's one of the better B-Movies out there, there was some thought and effort put into it.

Street Hunter

Steve James is a former Cop turned Bounty Hunter who goes after cocky Drug Dealer (John Leguizamo) and his hired Henchman (Reb Brown) who is a Mercenary who is an absolute madman who quotes Historical Figures and hates timewasters.

I remember seeing the Trailer back in the day and wanted to see it and luckily this and Street Asylum are on Youtube and this is my type of Movie, it's not got the greatest acting but that's not what I'm particularly looking for but Reb Brown convinces, it's rather enjoyable.

Universal Soldier

Jean Claude-Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren are killed in Vietnam but are re-generated into being Super Soldiers but they both regain their memories. When a reporter escapes with Van Damme on a hunt of a story Lundgren takes over and hunts them down.

One of my favourites back in the day and still is, in a way I find it amazing that Deleted Scenes, Making Offs and Alternate Endings from Films that over at least 30 years old are kept around, it wasn't as if they were put on VHS and I'm not sure if Distributers knew about the invention of DVD/Blu-Rays. This one had a good Alternate Ending, it was interesting.

Were there extras on Laserdiscs?

Quick And The Dead

1995 Western Directed by Sam Raimi which sees Sharon Stone ride into Town where she is after revenge on The Sheriff played by a brilliant Gene Hackman who runs the Town with an Iron Fist and holds a yearly Gun Fighting Competition which see enters in order to kill him.

Very entertaining Film with roles for Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio and all provide good performances including Stone who plays the moody loner quite well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sa.jpg (9.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg sh.jpg (14.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg us.jpg (16.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg qatd.jpg (9.2 KB, 3 views)