View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2023, 07:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days of Unseen Horror

Day 3

22130-the-brainiac-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

The year is 1661 Mexico and Baron Vitelius of Astara had been charged by the Holy Inquisition for many deeds including the use of magic and the seducing of young woman and using dead bodies in a ritual to try and see In to the future amoung other crimes. He is sentanced to torment and torture but no matter how brutal the torture he laughs and welcomes more. Losing their patients the Holy Inquisition decide to burn the Baron alive but while at the stake the Baron vows to return and wipe out the bloodlines of the people responsible for his death . The year is 1961 and the Baron returns when a meteor crashes to earth and he emerges but he isn't a normal man underneath his human form hides a hideous creature that feeds on brains. The Baron organises a party so he can invite the decents of the men who put him to death so he can get to know them and pick them off one by one there after.

I loved the imagery at the start of the film the hooded inquisition members and the burning at the stake are all very strong scenes so I was a little disappointed that the rest of the film wasn't based in that time period but it wasn't a big deal in the end. The creature is great it just has so much going on from the pulsating head the pointy nose and the snake like tongue plus these crazy hands which look like they have suckers on the ends of the fingers it's quite a sight.

The whole thing moves at a great pace but sadly it's over before you know where you are running at only 77 minutes I would of loved if it had been longer I really wanted more at the end not that I felt short changed or it ended suddenly it was just a fun time that i didn't want to end.

The ending had me laughing loudly not in a bad way but in an awesome way I loved it and when you see it you will understand

This is one of the films in the Mexico Macabre Boxset from Indicator which I only have one film left to watch from the set which I will be watching this month. So happy I picked it up.