View Single Post
Old 6th October 2023, 03:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default October Horror Movie Marathon

5. The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Miss Osbourne

First time watch

From Wikipedia : “Docteur Jekyll et les femmes never opened commercially in the United States, and in Britain, it played at one cinema for one week”. Wikipedia then goes on to say that despite the film winning Borowczyk the best director award at the 1981 Sitges film festival the film itself was never released in any medium in the UK or US until the Arrow Video blu ray in 2015. This is surely indicative that the film is aimed at the critics rather than the general public. And certainly not at me! I found it boring and stupid. Why would Jekyll continually change back and forth between Hyde and himself when the ‘antidote’ is scarce and running out? Why did it all take place in the one house on the one night? Why did no one suggest everyone hiding together in one room when there was apparently a madman on the loose? It had “Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom” levels of plot holes.

Another one for the “How much did I f*cking pay for this?!” pile. Well, actually, I watched it last night and took it to CeX this morning - didn’t even put it back on the shelf.

IMG_8080.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk