View Single Post
Old 8th October 2023, 06:45 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 7th

Hellraiser: Judgment (2018)

I was delighted when i saw this had dropped to a fiver on Blu on Amazon so snapped it up.

It has everything i want from a direct to dvd entry in a series which is now 34 years old. It had an easy to follow storyline about two detective brothers tracking a serial killer. It has some seriously fun gore, Cenobites in it a lot (Which can't be said for many of the films in the series), plus some cool new Cenobites as well as one or two from past movies and it also introduces new aspects to Hellraiser mythology such as the Stygian Inquisition which is a fantastic addition.

Although he's not Doug Bradley (His own choice not to be involved apparently) Paul T Taylor is a pretty good Pinhead and new Cenobites such as the Auditor and the Cleaners are as malevolent and merciless as anything from before.

With a running time of 80 minutes Hellraiser: Judgment is quite short and thankfully none of the time is wasted. Because there's so much Cenobite action in a storyline that zips along i think this is the best of the DTV sequels by far and is also a more coherent movie than the majority of Hellraiser films full stop. It's to be commended for adding several new ideas to the series and not simply lamely rehashing what has gone before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1320 (Large).JPG (72.7 KB, 4 views)