View Single Post
Old 11th October 2023, 08:05 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days of Unseen Horror

Day 10

p16264613_v_v10_aw.jpg

Struggling to have a child of their own a couple discover a child in the woods just off their property after a strange object crashes to earth. The Beyers keep the whole thing a secret just telling family and friends they adopted the child. Everything is going great for the Beyers a loving child how is smart and egar to learn he seems like the perfect kid until he reaches puperty where a darkness starts to awaken within Brandon.

Wasn't expecting much but Brightburn delivered something pretty cool. Alot of the negatively around this film seems to stem from superhero fans yes it's sort of just an evil Superman film but I'm not sure it was out he'd as a superhero film maybe I'm wrong.

The kid playing Brandon does a fantastic job of making you want to smack the shit out of him through the film but then he pulls it back and acts like the adorable son so your constantly trying to decipher which one is which not knowing when he will snap.

Once he realises his power Brandon goes on a mini killing spree with some fantastic brutal gore that a couple times made me wince. I love the costume Brandon wears the hood is pretty creepy with those red eyes shinning through as he creeps around in the dark stalking his prey.

Brightburn is a lot more fun than I expected it to be and that ending was pretty awesome.