View Single Post
Old 12th October 2023, 01:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

8. Slaughterhouse

I’ve been wanting to revisit this one for ages. The wee “30% fat content” sausages “killing people” line really stuck in my head from years ago but I couldn’t remember much more about the film. I really enjoyed going over it again. Good fun film. Big Bad Buddy Bacon is a great character, and a great name for a character too. His mad dad sort of puts me in mind of Motel Hell (I’ll need to revisit that one again soon too!).

9. Moon in Scorpio - first time watch.

Oh man, it feels like all the bits that would have explained the story have been edited out. A slasher set onboard a boat seems like it would be a good break from a cabin in the woods or something, but I feel like this one fell flat on its face. Don’t want to give away any spoilers or anything, but why was the killer wanting to kill these folks in particular? And what does “Moon in Scorpio” mean anyway?! So many questions. It was weird seeing Britt Ekland without a Scottish accent [emoji23] Don’t think I’ve seen any of her films other than The Wicker Man.

10. The Last Roommate - Plex - first time watch.

Plex emailed me to let me know that I’d maybe like this film. Don’t know what would have given them that idea [emoji23] a wee short one at only 48 minutes long but even that was a bit long. Very amateurish low budget film with some very ropey acting and dialogue. Found myself more interested in my phone than the film (which, tbh, is quite like me anyway - don’t have a great attention span).

11. House of 1000 Corpses

I really like this film but haven’t watched it in years. Easily my favourite of the Firefly Family films. The Devil’s Rejects, to me, always felt unusually cruel and brutal. 3 From Hell was also cruel and brutal but almost felt like they were caricaturing the family (I still can’t watch Richard Brake in anything without feeling sick in my stomach!). The first hour of 1000 corpses outshines the last 30 mins by a mile - it’s full of dark fun and the cast are all excellent. I bet they had a blast while making the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk