View Single Post
Old 30th October 2023, 03:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The almost final round-up. I'm glad there are only 2 nights left I'm dying to watch something not related to horror on Wednesday

Tues 24th Oct
Isle of the Dead (1945)

Honestly so boring, if Boris Karloff wasn't in this I doubt anyone would be talking about it any more. He was good though, charismatic as always!

Wed 25th Oct
Hellraiser (1987)

Clive Barker's S&M classic. What's to be said that hasn't already been said. Great performances all around, Clare Higgins steals the show as the vile Julia, that first swing of the hammer...

Thu 26th Oct
The Hollow (2004)

I want my 90 minutes back please. One of those early shot on digital films that makes everything look cheap, like a cable TV show This has it's fans, one of them resides in this forum... and I can see it might have some charm but I honestly hated it. Not a new Halloween staple!

Fri 27th Oct
The House by the Cemetery (1981)

Take a shot of J&B every time someone says Bob, you'll be pissed in no time.

Sat 28th Oct
Shaun of the Dead (2004)

"You've got red on you"
I love this film. It's hilarious on one hand and a brilliant homage to Dawn of the Dead on the other. The scene where Shaun goes to the corner shop for a can of coke and a cornetto without noticing the walking dead all around him cracks me up. Great use of a jukebox soundtrack as well!

Sat 28th Oct
Psycho III (1986)

I anticipated this one to be a bit crappy, but it's very entertaining indeed, "watch the guitar!". It's way more lurid and sleazy than Psycho II and has a proper mid 80's horror film vibe. I'll be watching this one again. Poor Norman.

Sun 29th Oct
Gothic (1986)

I joked and said I didn't know I had a fever until I started watching this film... It starts off relatively bonkers anyway, this is a Ken Russell film after all, but the next thing we know they're chugging down liquid opium and playing hide and seek and insanity goes through the roof. I can't help feeling that morning after must have been something else

Triumphant sight on a northern sky