View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2023, 07:51 AM
Cultist

My October/Halloween horror movie marathon was not as full as usuall, because I wantched/rewatched a lot of non-horror too. I tried to make an informal "Old Dark House"-themed marathon. Still have "The Horror of it All" to watch, but it's now spilled into November.

Flesh for Frankenstein 3D (1973) - Hilarious!
Horrors of the Black Museum (1959) - not exactly bad, but you can see the ending from miles away and Michael Gough is a little too histrionic
What a Carve Up! (1961) - unofficial "carry on", doesn't disappoint
The House in Nightmare Park (1973) - where I became a fan of Frankie Howerd
The Oblong Box (1969) - what's October without a little Vincent Price?
Scream and Scream Again (1970) - the Radiance remaster, always great fun!
The Corpse Bride (2005) - my kid really wanted to watch it, otherwise I'd pass
The Old Dark House (1963) - I had never watched it in color. great stuff
Vampira (1974) - truly painful to watch, and not in a good way. true cringe
Invaders from Mars (1953) - not quite horror, but very very creepy, especially in the new restoration
Lifeforce (1985) - vampires in space! Mathilda May! teen me loved it, and the grown-up me still does
Green Hell (1940)- not horror, but horrible. I had heard of it being bad, but never imagined James Whale could do something so bad
Trial by Combat (1976) - Tried to find this obscure thing for years, because Cushing has a couple of scenes. Not disappointed! Pleasance in fine form
The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957) - the (real) spider is the true horror. squirm squirm squirm. will never watch again because of it, but what a ride!
Dr. Cyclops (1940) - loved it!
Quatermass and the Pit (1967) - a classic of unease

Also watched most of the commentaries and extras, when available