View Single Post
Old 12th November 2023, 07:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Revisited Amer and watched for the first time, the later The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears. I'll be talking about that second film.

Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears is a big improvement over Amer. Whereas that earlier film had a kinda student film vibe about it, Tears feels like a genuine fully fledged movie.

Whilst there are very much nods to Argento's Deep Red and Inferno (which for Dario fans is always enjoyable to see), it also had very good things that I had never seen elsewhere before. I very much rate this second film.

My wife wasn't interested so I watched late at night with headphones. I get to choose a film, for us both to watch, on my birthday and I'm confident that it will be this one (I would like to listen to the 5.1 audio option).

I'm sure that my wife will rate Tears higher than Amer (which she has seen) but I also suspect that she might be frustrated by the lack of a proper conclusion or by some of the unanswered questions.

I would award 3.25/5 to Amer and 4.25/5 to Tears. These French giallo tributes are well worth checking out if you haven't already had the chance to do so.