View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2023, 11:20 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

With two episodes to go i'm absolutely loving the first series of The Frankenstein Chronicles (2015).

Sean Bean plays Marlott, a London detective attempting to unravel why children keep turning up dead with various parts of their bodies removed and others attached in their place and why one corpse is made up of the body parts of eight missing children.

This is excellent. It takes the Frankenstein story and gives it a whole new twist incorporating the struggles of Victorian London giving the six part series a feel of Dickens, perhaps more so than Mary Shelley.

Bean is in great form at the top of a fine cast including Vanessa Kirby, Anna Maxwell Martin and Richie Campbell. It's gritty stuff and utterly compelling with it.

I did smile to myself when Marlott told another character he'd fought Napoleon at Waterloo. Could Marlott be Richard Sharpe in later life? He certainly looks like him.

I picked up this Blu-ray for a quid at the local Air Ambulance shop months and months ago. Glad i held off watching it as it's perfect Dickensian Christmas horror.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81AGI5uc1WL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg (82.9 KB, 3 views)