View Single Post
Old 4th December 2023, 01:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 3

Body Puzzle (1992)

Starring Joanna Pacula as a recently widowed woman caught in a game of cat and mouse with a killer who leaves body parts from his victims at her address.

Fearful for her life she gets help (and more) from detective Tomas Arana, who discovers the murders have more to do with Pacula than at first realised.

A fun if inessential late Giallo from Lamberto Bava which features a fine cast - both Pacula and Arana are very good, and there's a nice elongated cameo from Giovanni Lombardo Radice - a cool twist i didn't see coming (Clearly i'd forgotten this when i watched the 88 Films Blu-ray last night even though i've owned the film on dvd for years) and some decidedly wonky plot devices - That freezer sequence. F*ck me! That was stupid, not to mention the sexy teacher who has her eyeballs removed in front of her class who don't seem to notice and the lifeguard gutted in the swimming pool without losing any blood.

Bava's use of music is also ridiculously OTT when the killer is about to strike. Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain crashes through the speakers each time he appears in the most inappropriate way possible.

I know it sounds too dumb to take seriously but Body Puzzle still works in that crazy Giallo way and is an enjoyable way to spend 100 minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Body-puzzle-italian-movie-poster-md.jpg (29.5 KB, 3 views)