Thread: Severin Films
View Single Post
Old 24th December 2023, 10:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
I'd love to see Severin in the uk. Their crazy shipping prices mean I've never ordered direct from the US. They have some great titles, but I couldn't see the BBFC passing some of their stuff- Black Emmanuelle etc.

They've done a lot of partnership work with UK outfits (Don't Go in the House w Arrow, Mardi Gras and Night of the Demon with 88), so it makes sense.

I think Severin are great, but they've suffered reputational damage this year with the Four Flies debacle, and their outlandish prices. I'm hoping they have a big 2024 and succeed in the uk.

Having said that, I can't see any evidence that they are koving to the uk!!!
Hey Trash, Severin do two sales per year when you can get their older stuff at a well discounted price, so it is quite economical, especially if you stick to standard editions (Price example I checked at the time of writing: Patrick Still Lives would be around $15 dollars in the sale which would make it £11.80 at the present exchange rate). They ship direct to the UK and the shipping costs are very reasonable (I think I paid around $23 for my last shipment - 16 discs). With the exchange rate the price usually comes in at around £13 per disc. More expensive obviously than buying in the UK but worth it for titles that might not get a release in the UK.

I've gotten into a routine of saving up for the sales and I do the same for Mondo Macabro and VS as well who also post direct to the UK so you don't need to bother with mail forwarding companies. These companies are releasing far more interesting stuff than say Arrow.