View Single Post
Old 31st December 2023, 04:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I'll keep this short and sweet we all know it we have all seen it so no need to go into details.

When all the J Horror started to take over I think some of us got a little burned out especially with all the remakes that sort of took a little away from what are truly amazing films or maybe we just went all in and watched so many in such a small space of time we needed a break.

Anyway watching Ring today for the first time in years and the first time ever on blu ray I was reminded of why I got so swept up in collecting Tartan Asia Extreme and tracking down as much asian horror as i could find because no body does it quite so well. Every second of Ring is creepy there is a heavy tension constantly hanging over you I found myself seeing things in the background that were not there or were they I'm not too sure. The soundtrack is fantastic keeping everything so creepy it's not just music but creepy sounds sometimes jarring sounds like steel scraping on steel makes you feel uneasy until the end credits roll and there is a strange 90s Japanese techno playing but we shall forget about that [emoji23].

To me Ring is still a master work in creepiness and that final scenes driving on the long straight road into the countryside still unnerves me to this day.

I think I shall be revisiting me Asian horror collection more often over the next few weeks.Attachment 249377

Sent from my Nokia C01 Plus using Tapatalk
I done the Japanese Ring versions about a year or two ago and the first two really creeped the the "F" out of me, the third one was a disappointment, the latest American version Rings released in 2019...I think, gets some flack but I found it decent.