View Single Post
Old 15th January 2024, 10:05 AM
Cult Acolyte

FOOTPRINTS. ( 1975 )
Florinda Balkan stars as a woman who wakes up one morning, having no memory of the past three days. Trying to retrace her steps, she encounters people who call her by a different name and claim to have seen her before. Meanwhile, strange astronaut figures are on her trail. Is there a connection?
This is often listed as a Giallo, but there’s so much more to this film - it keeps you gripped throughout. Florida Balkan is superb in the lead and the photography ( including the blue tinted astronaut scenes ) look stunning on Severin’s Blu Ray. I’m not saying this is a masterpiece, but it’s pretty bloody close. Highly recommended.

TENDER DRACULA. ( 1974 )
A couple of screenwriters and actresses are dispatched to a castle to try and persuade horror actor ( Peter Cushing ) out of retirement and into their proposed new feature.
A mixture of slapstick humour, gore, sex and , of course, Peter Cushing ( does this guy ever give a bad performance ? ) make this oddity curiously watchable. I really thought I would hate this, but I ended up enjoying it for what it was - a Cushing Curiosity indeed!