View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2024, 10:45 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda View Post
Just received my copy of Devil Girl from Mars and was so excited to watch it again restored and then the Kim Newman/Forshaw commentary, but... film audio is completely out of sync! I thought it was a problem with my setup, but turns out it 100% isn't. Did anyone else buy this BR and have the same problem?
It seems like it is a common problem. There are a number of reviews on Amazon (from January 2024) that mention it:

"...However - Be aware that the soundtrack is either slightly out of sync or badly dubbed. My wife said it didn't bother her, and, whilst I was aware of it, don't let it put you off, as it really isn't that bad. I just thought it worth mentioning"

"... I looked forward to this studio canal cult blu ray uk 2024 release , However the timing is out of synch , how did this pass quality control ???, so disappointing as the Network dvd release has the dialogue in synch , however this is out of synch, i expect they will not bother to correct this such a let down"

"...Unfortunately the audio on the blu ray is out of sync on the first release/pressing of this disc, picture transfer looks great though, hopefully Studio Canal will issue a replacement disc program to rectify the issue"

"... Please note - the audio is out of sync on this Blu Ray release for the entire runtime of the film. Its immediately noticeable and unfortunately, deems the film unwatchable."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty