View Single Post
Old 25th March 2010, 06:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I watched Rob Zombie's

"Halloween 2" last night

All I can say is "oh dear!", after what I felt was a strong re-imagining of Halloween in Zombie's first outing.

Although H2 was violent and gritty it failed miserably to even feel like a Halloween movie. It was a stroke of genius for Zombie to include the original score in the first movie, but not to include it in the sequel was a mistake. I also felt Michael in H2 could just have been any other killer in any other oh hum slasher. Nowhere did I have any feelings towards Michael good or bad .... I was just bored ... everything seemed to be played by the numbers! And what the heck with the ghostly apparitions of him as a child and his mother?!

After a promising opening in the hospital, it all went very very quickly downhill. I did get the feeling that Zombie was trying to steer away from just another re-hash of the original Halloween 2 .. but didn't really have any idea where to take it! If so ... why bother!? Thankfully it tanked at the box office, so hopefully he will lay Michael to rest!

As for the UK release of the DVD, did anyone notice just how poor the sound was? I had to crank my amp up just to hear to centre channel and speech. Very poor.