View Single Post
Old 13th February 2024, 06:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I was probably thinking of the period between Brian Johnson joining in 1980 and the declining quality of their output when, if memory serves, the performances at the beginning of the second DVD of the Family Jewels release were my favourite.

Although I don't have any media with concert footage of the 1992-2008 concerts, I imagine they would be outstanding gigs, hugely entertaining and with brilliant set lists.
I was at Donington when they recorded the live vhs and double / single album AC/DC Live at Donington in 91.

It was a good gig but there were way too many solos of all kinds, out of song solos i mean. After a long day it became really boring. Motley Crue and Metallica were on fire that day and all my energy was gone after watching those two. Crue were proper high energy glam / punk whilst Metallica had released the Black album just the week before and were really on the way to headline status themselves.

I've never actually seen the live dvd and only bought the single cd of the concert so i could lose all the solos.