View Single Post
Old 18th February 2024, 08:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I Know Who Killed Me (2007)

When top student Aubrey Fleming (Lindsay Lohan) goes missing it appears she's the latest victim of a serial killer with an amputee fetish. Then she turns up alive, albeit horribly maimed, missing fingers, her hand and the bottom half of one leg. Worst of all to her parents and the police she insists she's not Aubrey but an erotic dancer called Dakota Moss.

I was feeling a bit tired last night so opted for a dvd rewatch rather than anything on the to-watch pile in case i dozed off. I needn't have worried.

Second time round i really enjoyed it. It's a twisty, perverse, gory, and fascinating psycho thriller reminiscent of the work of Dario Argento in it's vibrantly colourful style, De Palma in it's unending twistiness and even Hitchcock in it's blacker than black humour. Director Chris Sivertson also coaxes a terrific performance out the much maligned Lohan who clearly depicts the differences in both girls even though she certainly seems more suited to the role of stripper.

Following early scenes which wouldn't have been out of place in any high school comedy and the rest of the film is a stylish, grim and at times grisly horror thriller which is well worth watching.
This is quite possibly the most positive review of this film that I've seen lol.