View Single Post
Old 1st March 2024, 06:12 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Animals (2008)

Marc Blucas plays a down and out former football player fired from his job on a building site when he comes into contact with the gorgeous Nicki Aycox in a local dive bar (much to the annoyance of waitress Eva Amurri), a young woman with shape shifting abilities on the run from a former lover (Naveen Andrews) who is out for blood.

A direct to dvd take on well, i'm not sure actually. Shape shifters generally means wolves in the horror sense but they were more vampires here until the CGI finale where they became strange blurry creatures scrapping in a woefully edited way.

The bulk of the film is made up of Blucas and Aycox building their relationship. When i say that i mean f*cking. Almost none stop. You can barely go a scene in the middle third of the movie without seeing her breasts bouncing or his arse thrusting away.

That said they don't really make films like this anymore and it was quite refreshing seeing tv stars (Blucas, Aycox, Amurri and Andrews are all better known for their tv work than films*) shedding their inhibitions in this sexy, gory and fun creature f*ck fest.

One of those films that i've seen a couple of times now over the years and left long enough between viewings is a decent time waster.

*Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural, Californication, Lost
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Animals-987804099-mmed.jpg (14.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 1st March 2024 at 07:00 PM.