View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2024, 01:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
So Blum wants to do to the Friday the 13th series what he did to the Halloween and Exorcist films.

Might as well hire David Gordon Green to do the job properly.
For some reason I've tried pasting the link but just not Happening so here the article.

Jason Blum Eyeing Big Name Director For Potential Friday The 13th' Remake

This is very exciting news if Blumhouse ever helms the rights to a Friday the 13th remake. In a recent interview with
Collider, Jason Blum
stated "
...James Wan and Atomic Monster are very passionate about it, and I think we would have them shepherd it for us." Check out more of what he said in the interview below.

Jason Blum went on to say, "Friday the 13th is what I would do. It's not a Blumhouse project, but I'm trying to will it into being one. It's just a piece of IP I've always loved. And James Wan and
Atomic Monster are very passionate
about it, and I think we would have them shepherd it for us. That would be a lot of fun."

Friday the 13th first debuted in 1980 and was a major hit at the box office. The film went on to make $59.8M on a $700,000 budget. It was a hit with both critics and fans earning a 66% Critic and 60% Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes.
The iconic Jason Voorhees wouldn't be front and center until Friday the 13th: Part 2 (1981). He would then go on to get his iconic hockey mask look in Friday the 13th: Part 3 (1982). The franchise would go on to produce a total of 12 movies, TV series, and video games.