View Single Post
Old 13th March 2024, 11:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroid View Post
I really 'enjoyed' this film. To be honest i'm not so enamoured of horror films so much these days and prefer crime/mystery/psychological thrillers (although many can be horror adjacent). This one made my nerves jangle, and would be my pick of the past decade or so, along with 'Saint Maud'.
I dont watch many horrors these days, very rarely a proper decent horror comes along anymore, each to their own but likes of Terrifier not my scene anymore, might have been when I was younger, golden age of horror is 70s to me, nowadays they just keep churning out sequel, prequels, spin off, reboots etc etc to same old same old films now, another saw anyone, Netflix Tcm well tbh the less said the better it was garbage in the highest form and not even in a good or entertaing way either,
Pearl
Abrakadabra
Last night in soho are modern day masterpieces imo,
Much prefer likes of A24 films, vast majority well made, decent storyline, well acted, plot, tension atmosphere etc etc something a vast majority of films lack these days, problem a lot of ppl have with A24 they tend to be slow burners and some ppl just can?t cope with that,
The witch
Blackcoats daughter
In fabric
The lighthouse
Midsommar

Are just a few great one these days.