View Single Post
Old 21st March 2024, 04:21 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
"I am the Master and you will obey me" - Roger Delgado as the Master in Frontier in Space (1973)

But Jo subverts this:

MASTER: Well, Miss Grant, welcome to my humble abode.
JO: I think you were better off in prison.
MASTER: Oh, temporary quarters, my dear. I shall soon be changing them for something better.
JO: Oh, you'll soon be back in jail. When the truth gets out, Earth and Draconia will combine their forces to attack you.
MASTER: I don't think so. There's too much distrust between them.
JO: The Doctor will find you eventually.
MASTER: Ah, there I agree with you. He must find me. Not only to rescue you, but also to be reunited with his beloved Tardis. (Which is standing in an alcove.) You know, Miss Grant, I'm going to set a trap for the Doctor and you are going to help me. What? No noble speeches to the effect that you'd rather die than betray the Doctor?
JO: You know I'm not going to help you.
MASTER: I know that you are. I know that you will obey me. You will obey me! I am the Master.
JO: Mary had a little lamb, his fleece was white as snow, and everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go.
MASTER: You will obey me!
JO: Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
MASTER: Stop that, Miss Grant!
JO: It's a form of self-conditioning. You fill your mind with nonsense and then you can't be hypnotised.
MASTER: You will obey me.
JO: See-saw, Marjory Daw, Johnny shall have a new master.
MASTER: You will obey me.
JO: He shall have but a penny a day, because he can't work any faster.
MASTER: All right, all right, all right, all right! I was never very fond of nursery rhymes anyhow.
JO: Then you'll just have to give up all hope of hypnotising me, won't you? Once was quite enough, thank you.
MASTER: In that case, I shall have to try something else

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty