View Single Post
Old 4th April 2024, 04:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I presume you meant 'video market'. If so why not?

I'd prefer to watch one of these than the latest sanitised supernatural PG-13 rated borefests that Hollywood seem to churn out every few months. The Nun 7 or whatever.

Gimme' Bambi:The Reckoning over The Exorcist (Audience) Deceiver any day.

Indie horror is where the upcoming talent most likely lies, as Terrifier and it's sequels prove. Hollywood needs to give these guys a bigger budget and see what results they get rather than the conveyor belt of unoriginality they are currently thrusting on movie fans.

Sorry, that became a bit of a rant, but the question still stands. How so?
Yes, I meant 'market 'and I have edited accordingly.

I am slightly split on whether these films are good for the home video market or not because I like that the companies are doing something new and unusual with the source material, but it's also annoying that they aren't doing sequels to those innovative films.

The concept is very different from the mainstream and, like you say, a welcome change to another entry in The Conjuring, Scream or The Exorcist franchises.

Additionally, the quality isn't apparently particularly high - although Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey is on my watchlist, I haven't yet seen one of the films. However, if they make people buy DVDs from HMV, Asda, or wherever else, then that can only be a good thing for the distributor and the economy.