View Single Post
Old 9th April 2024, 12:36 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Bit of a blow-out in the Powerhouse sale (3 for UK$15)

* Berserk - Blind buy, but I am interested in the Tom Baker extra features
* Crimewave - I know it is not regarded as a classic, but I love it. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell... you can't go wrong!
* Corruption - Blind buy, but I am interested in seeing Peter Cushing in (what I hope is) a 'gore movie'. Also, I love 'Les Yeux Sans Visage' and I want to see a UK take on the movie
* Santo vs. Infernal Men / Santo vs. Evil Brain - Both blind buys. They are the US versions, but apparently they are region free. I already have 'Santo vs The She Wolves' in my collection, and I need to build up my Mexican lucha libre wrestler films
* The Wrong Box - Another blind buy, but I wanted a stupid comedy for when I need to watch something that I don't have to think about!
Corruption is not quite as gory as you may have heard but it has its moments, Peter Cushing is definitely more vicious than normal and it is a spin on Eyes without a face, also it kind of veers into home invasion territory later on, it is definitely odd and interesting.

Some of it was shot in Seaford where an ex girlfriend of mine lived, Cushing kills a girl on the beach at one point and i've practically sat on the same spot.

I didn't actually know Crimewave had been released. i've got vague memories of watching it on TV and thinking it was mental. I'd quite like to see it again.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.