View Single Post
Old 6th May 2024, 08:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

L.A. Heat

When a Millionaire's Daughter is kidnapped and held for ransom, a Detective is chosen by him to deliver the ransom but after it goes wrong and his friend is killed, he goes for revenge.

This is PM Entertainment Films first release and their original content was Made For TV and it showed, Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs shows promise as the lead but the Action Scenes weren't good (But they certainly improved from 1991 onwards) There was a good death scene in this however. It was a good attempt.

As you may have gathered, I am a fan of most PM Entertainment Films and I went on YouTube to see if there were any videos on their history but there wasn't, however there were some lists with some uploads of their finer efforts.

Dead Pool

Last of the Dirty Harry Movies which sees a game played the Crew of a Film Production where they guess which Celebrities are going to die. When Harry appears on a list and others on it start dying, he investigates in his usual way.

Made in 1989, this could have been one Movie too far and possibly out of it's time but it works, it's entertaining along with Eastwood's sarcastic delivery. This also has a bit of a Cast in it also, Liam Neeson, Patricia Clarkson and a person named James Carey who plays a Drug Addled Rock Star. I have a feeling that a few years later, he might be a star. All kidding aside, he showed flashes of his goofy comedy in this Film.

Ring Of Steel

When a Fencer accidentally kills an opponent, he is enticed into a sort of Underground Fencing Circuit. After he wants out, they kidnap his Girlfriend.

Joe Don Baker is the main star, Darlene Vogel (Pacific Blue, 98 TV Show) is the love interest and Gary Kaspar (You may not know the name but know his face) is the Bad Guy Fencer but it's Robert Chapin who also wrote the Script (Passion Project) who showed poise and some acting ability, he had potential.

This was my 1st ever DVD I bought and it's very tame especially when you compare it to the synopsis on the cover and similar Films like American Samurai (UK BLU-RAY PLEASE) but it's still enjoyable. I would like this on BLU-RAY.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lah.jpg (10.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg dp.jpg (12.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ros.jpg (15.3 KB, 3 views)