View Single Post
Old 29th April 2010, 08:41 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Inseminoid

On a far off planet (ie Chislehurst Caves in Kent) fair maiden Judy Geeson is raped by what appears to be one of the Silurians from Dr Who (whose genitals seem to comprise a test tube filled with creme de menthe), and goes totally insane. Eating the remains of some of her dead comrades, cackling and bleating hysterically (as was I), and displaying the worst PMT in the history of pregnancies. A far cry from the stunning 60's chick who disrobed charmingly in Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush and demurely asked Sidney Poitier "Do you shake?" in To Sir With Love (my all time favourite film incidentally).

A ghastly pile of cheap, boring, thundering rubbish from beginning to end. Performances ranges from the tolerable - a bored Stephanie Beacham, Rosalind Lloyd from Who Dares Wins & The Wild Geese (who wisely saws her foot off after 25 mins), and Victoria Tennant (who ends up bashed against a bathroom sink and tracheotomised with a pair of scissors) - to the outright awful (Robin Clarke and the appallingly bad Jennifer Ashley), and the film is devoid of anything resembling watchability. Judy tries her hardest (bless her heart - I wonder if she still shakes) but comes over as terrifying as a dead slug on the M1. Cheap sets, genuinely bad dialogue, one of the most annoying synth scores in horror history, bland tiresome characters, and not even in the 'so bad it's good' category (it's too bad even for that). It makes Xtro look like 2001.

Hard to believe this is from the same man who gave us Terror and the masterful Satan's Slave only a few years earlier.
I like XTRO and I think it's a very underrated low budget Brit sci-fi horror.
One of my fave Brit horrors, since I saw it on video back in the 80's.
I have the R1 Image dvd.
Better than the overrated 2001.