View Single Post
Old 14th May 2010, 09:56 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

WOOO!

I just got my A Nightmare On Elm Street: The Dream Dealers book in the post! Wooohooo! Time to do some reading!

EDIT:

Just read the first chapter and WOAH! I'm luving it already. [spoiler] Straight in there with a great dream sequence full of amazing imagery. So far the main character, Devon, has found himself in a Roman arena fighting a large (green and red!) lion, whilst an audience of decomposing, rotting skeletons watch as crows peck away at their flesh and their eyes. It's all set in the present day (2006!) in which a new technology has been developed called a Trancebox which allows people to live other people's dreams. It just so happens that this company is using the last memories of several Springwood murder victims, who's last memories strangely seem to be a nightmare! [/spoiler]

I was worried about how'd they go about doing the dream sequences as the medium of film seems to allow for disorientation, but this book, so far, manages to achieve this too, whilst going even further than a film can, in some cases. It's funny though how [spoiler] the first nightmare takes place within a (silent) film as well as the constant reverences to films. [/spoiler]

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 14th May 2010 at 11:38 AM.