View Single Post
Old 26th May 2010, 12:01 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
That's superb.

Like Goji, I've never seen this artwork before either.

Almar, I asked this the other day but I think it must of got lost amongst the games of cat and mouse... - who decides which alternative artwork panels are used? Is there a team who look at all the possibilities and then choose, or is it just a case of having to work with the material you have? Just curious.
Yup - as I said earlier this thread is moving so fast that if I've not answered anything please repeat and I'll get to it!

The artwork panels are decided according to various things - how much artwork we can get (sometimes it will literally be four bits and no more) and between the designers, me, Alex at Arrow and new guy - and already top star - Fran at Arrow who is really making every effort to try and get the best possible results for every title.

And of course - you guys also choose - Dawn of the Dead being a classic example where the gasmask artwork was regarded a favourite and in the end we tracked it down. I would like to improve the interaction on having you guys choose - half the problem though is lack of time - takes so long to get the artworks often that there's not much time for debate!