View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 09:16 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
Arrow should be selective? with what? arrow have no intention of releasing the films you mentioned. are you also referring to inferno? are you saying that we should be deprived of an HD special edition of dario argento masterful film because we dont get to see a cat eat a mouse? the irrationality of what you are saying is ridiculous and is the type of response i most feared with this release, i sincerely hope that all the hard work with the dvd is not undermined by this type of thinking
That's funny , a bit down the page is a thread asking whether Arrow should release Island of Death so excuse me for thinking it was a possibility.

Regardless of that , they should be selective for the reasons I stated.

Whatever films they release , if they have extensive cuts they may as well not bother .

The cuts in Inferno are not extensive by my definition but it is my choice whether I want to pay for cut versions of films that I've had uncut for more than a decade.

I'm sure Inferno will do well and be a popular choice for buyers - that is until the uncut version comes out somewhere and knowing that I wll buy that I prefer not to pay full price for a censored version , regardless of what the cuts are.

You refer to the dvd so I'm assuming you don't have Bluray .

The US Anchor Bay version is excellent and was going for under a fiver last time I looked.

I have a complete Argento collection on dvd including both releases of Four Flies so only Bluray is of interest now anyway.

I'm pretty sure Inferno has never been released on dvd in the UK before so I can see why you would want to support it but as I've had it on dvd for 10 years it's UK dvd release is a non event .

As an Argento collector since the VHS of Suspiria in 1982 the bonus features will be of interest but I don't pay full price when I only want the extras