Thread: Censorship
View Single Post
Old 28th June 2008, 04:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I know there isn't one rule for subtitled films and one rule for dubbed or English language films , what I ment was a film like 'Man Bites Dog' was passed uncut in the 90's, the fact that it was subtitled and B/W im sure were taken into consideration at some point during the classification process , as even by todays standards its still pretty disturbing . Maybe the dark humour saved it as it is quite funny till you realise what your laughing at.
Its much stronger than the then banned Resivoir Dogs ,but passed uncut , 18 cert , and includes a lengthy child murder scene were the killer tells us how annoying kids can be when your trying to kill them.

I remember reading something about 'class' in a censorship book concerning one Head censor .
Im sorry but I cant spell his name correctly ( I think he's the one before JF, started with a T) and it was a while ago from I read the book so im not certain exactly what it said.
I think i'll hunt through my film books and give it a re read as im stuck for a good read at the moment.
Please forgive my lack of spelling knowledge, but what ever way I spell this guy's name it looks wrong.