Thread: Censorship
View Single Post
Old 30th June 2008, 02:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

Hmm that was a while ago.

I don't quite understand what they are getting at with looking at the film element and there's no matting then, yes like all theatrical soft-matte films. Personally I'm sick of "the director approved it" as a be-all and end-all complaint stopper, I'd be happy if it was the cinematographer but I guess he's busy with Transporter 3(if the imdb isn't in error again).

The film may not be perfectly suiting to a full 1.85:1 matte (personally I don't see the point in going past 1.78:1) but a 1.66:1 matte in anamorphic would be more preferable in most cases.

I just get the feeling when something is released open-matte it's because they were unable to get a new transfer done and the only old ones they could get hold of were 4:3 and would not hold up to being cropped then stretched in anamorphic.

Also the argument about missing off boobs and fanny, well it's a little childish, but all the same they could adjust the framing if need-be or just do as they did on Don't Go In The House and have those shots as extras.

I have Dog Tags on video, war is hell, and so's that movie, there's obviously an attempt at style there but the film is just dreary and dull. POW The Escape was much better