View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2010, 03:31 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

From the review I read, it does contain at least one of the deleted scenes (Rambo tending to Sarah's foot after she's rescued). The major changes are...

The film is titled JOHN RAMBO.
There are a few more brutal real images at the beginning newsfeed.
There’s more snake catching and more playing around with the snakes as Johnny bags them up.
There’s more of Julie Benz bugging Rambo to take her group on a boat ride into Burma. In fact, there’s a whole new scene of her begging him. The law of 3!
There’s a longer night scene in a village that’s being raided.
They completely changed the “what is” speech on the boat that takes place in the rain between Julia’s character and Rambo. John talks about politics and war and admits he wasted his life on war. That’s a true statement I guess.
There are longer conversations to be had between the missionaries and Rambo on the boat ride to Burma.
There’s a slight change to the pirate shootout scene.
There’s a longer goodbye scene between John and Sarah when drops them off in Burma.
There are new flashback scenes when Rambo is burning the pirate ship.
The raid on the village where the missionaries are starts out quicker.
There is a new scene where the missionaries are at the prison camp. They talk about the treatment and torture of the prisoners.
After the pastor told Rambo about the missing prisoners, the hammer scene is a bit different. Instead of Rambo’s voiceover where he says, “war is in his blood and all…” you hear a voiceover from the pastor.
There are some slight variances in the rescue of the missionaries..
After the rescue, Rambo now notices that Sarah hurt her foot. He wraps it up for her.
And last but not least, there is a longer goodbye scene between Rambo and Sarah at the conclusion of the brutal warfare resolution of Act III.

And there are smaller differences that the reviewer said he couldn't be bothered writing down!