View Single Post
Old 24th July 2010, 07:39 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
The problem is that the BD Assossiation is againt multi-region players which is why the companies who released such players (Dyon, Momitsu) had to do firmware updates to remove that capability. Of course, I'd rather shoot myself than feed my player with that update. One day, I'm getting a REAL codefree machine like Movietyme sells them but they're all so friggin expensive...
Anyone who buys hardware from Movietyme is asking for trouble.
If you look at the T&C's for hardware you will see that MT themselves are only interested in helping out if players go wrong within 30 days.

After that they genuinely expect buyers to contact the US branch of the manufacturer with a view to returning parts to the US at your own expense.

Amazon and Play both operate similar policies regarding faulty hardware but of course if your player is a US player then the UK branch won't be interested so you will end up with a useless piece of junk.

For fully multiregion hardware you should call Multiregion Magic. UK based and apparently the only supplier of players that are multiregional for Bluray.
Other places like Richer Sounds are still only offering Bluray players that are MR for dvd