Old 31st July 2010, 07:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post
Death File- Yellow, Red, Black, Grey
Death- press Vol 2, VOL 4
Death Woman.

far stronger than any of the Faces/z, Traces, or death scenes the Japanese really are a very strange lot in what they call entertainment.

then there is the Italian entries into the Mondo genre

This Violent World
Savage Man Savage Beast
Africa Ama
Addio ultimo uomo

to name a few.

these are far more shocking/Disturbing than Serbian Movie, August underground, snuff 102 etc could ever hope to be
I haven't seen the Death File / Presss films but I have seen all the Mondo films you listed Alex , plus a few more like Africa Blood and Guts (US cut) as well as the longer Italian version etc and I do agree they are quite nasty , but they never really offended or disturbed me to much . The native attack and castration and croc attack in one were quite fake looking imo. (cant rem which)

I find the idea of snuff very disturbing as theres a possible chance that it does exist in the form of the FBI's definition of what makes a snuff film , so thats why I tend to find snuff themed films , not fake snuff, quite disturbing .

Your righ, the Japanese have some mad taste in films. Was'nt Faces of Death more popular than Star Wars there.?

Some of the cinema of transgression stuff from Kearns etc are pretty disturbing to me.