View Single Post
Old 1st August 2010, 09:33 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I haven't seen the Death File / Presss films but I have seen all the Mondo films you listed Alex , plus a few more like Africa Blood and Guts (US cut) as well as the longer Italian version etc and I do agree they are quite nasty , but they never really offended or disturbed me to much . The native attack and castration and croc attack in one were quite fake looking imo. (cant rem which)

I find the idea of snuff very disturbing as theres a possible chance that it does exist in the form of the FBI's definition of what makes a snuff film , so thats why I tend to find snuff themed films , not fake snuff, quite disturbing .

Your righ, the Japanese have some mad taste in films. Was'nt Faces of Death more popular than Star Wars there.?

Some of the cinema of transgression stuff from Kearns etc are pretty disturbing to me.
Totally correct Vips Faces of Death (original) did out gross Star Wars at the box office in Japan.

While quite a lot of the scenes in some of the Mondo films are obviously fake some are quite real like male/female circumcisions.

The Death films are basically cameras following the emergency services but they are extremely strong, far stornger than Faces(z)/traces ETC. AND ALL REAL.

I have no idea what the FBI definition of Snuff is but my understanding is that they have to be made for profit, and with that understanding I find it hard to believe that they exist under that criteria.

While I fully accept that Serial Killers may film their crimes for kicks ( the Ng & Lake case , along with the Ukraine Murders) and some have obviously done so, and the ease of technology these days make it more possible. Even the Moors Murderers Audio taped the torture and murder of one of their victims. Also some Dictators may have filmed the torture and executions under them (Saddam Hussein's sons were reported to have done so) I find it hard to believe that any of these were sold on to a third party for profit. So are not truly snuff films in that sense