View Single Post
Old 4th August 2010, 04:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post

Night Of The Living Dead
Tom Savini's remake of the classic George A. Romero story works for me to a point. I like the way he makes the character of Barbara a stronger more self sufficient one, and Tony Todd is quite good before he slipped into Candyman mode and got totally type cast. The gore is quite subdued and well done too, although I believe this was down to cuts rather than original choice, but my biggest issue is where this goes in the last five minutes. A quality remake for the most part though.

I think Savini did a great job on this film! Although I have heard that Romero spent most of the time directing from afar in some way or another ... but that doesn't dampen the movie any for me. I think it was well acted, the script was top notch, the pacing great and of course the effects. There is a bootleg full uncut version doing the rounds, but apparantly the quality is so poor these days it is not worth watching.

I particularly like how serious the film and script plays out. Not one sign of any hokey humour or dialogue and I have to say I really liked the ending.

A very underrated film IMHO.