Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Escape Plan (2013) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/12042-escape-plan-2013-a.html)

Gothmogxx 26th February 2014 11:12 PM

Escape Plan (2013)

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone starring alongside each other in an action film. That alone makes it worthwhile. It also looks really good and interesting as well.

Has anyone here seen it yet? i'd like some opinions on it.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th February 2014 08:20 AM

I managed to see this movie in the cinema and I loved it so much it's caused me to become seriously obsessed with Arnie and Sly movies. Since I've seen it, I've been determined to see every single Arnie/Sly movie and add them all to my collection.

I'd say Escape Plan is easily the best film the guys have done in a very long time. Not only is there some great action, but it's an incredibly clever movie - especially for an action film. The ways Stallone comes up with to escape is simply genius!

Well worth checking this one out, Goth!

Gothmogxx 27th February 2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 394330)
I managed to see this movie in the cinema and I loved it so much it's caused me to become seriously obsessed with Arnie and Sly movies. Since I've seen it, I've been determined to see every single Arnie/Sly movie and add them all to my collection.

I'd say Escape Plan is easily the best film the guys have done in a very long time. Not only is there some great action, but it's an incredibly clever movie - especially for an action film. The ways Stallone comes up with to escape is simply genius!

Well worth checking this one out, Goth!

Excellent! Just answer me this... Do the titans FINALLY have a royal rumble the standards of what their fans have wanted for decades? Don't spoil who wins but I just want to know if its there:)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th February 2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothmogxx (Post 394356)
Excellent! Just answer me this... Do the titans FINALLY have a royal rumble the standards of what their fans have wanted for decades? Don't spoil who wins but I just want to know if its there:)

It's a little different to that, Goth as they're both forced to co-operate with each other. Although there are some scenes where they go mano-a-mano against each other with ol' fisty-cuffs.

You're going to be in for such a treat in a couple of weeks, Goth when the DVD/Blu-ray comes out. We're going to be going Arnie/Sly crazy!

Gothmogxx 18th March 2014 06:15 PM

It has just arrived at my house... I will update you all on how it went later.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th March 2014 06:20 PM

According to Box Office Mojo it grossed $137m worldwide, so there's life in the old buggers yet.

Gothmogxx 18th March 2014 11:01 PM

Oh god that was EPIC! I genuinely don't know how to sum that up! i'll try quickly... Okay seeing them onscreen alongside each other in leading roles was fantastic!

Oh and Arnold made me laugh as usual, which is one of the main reasons I like him.

Great action, plot, LOVED the methods of escape... Can't wait for Sabotage!

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th March 2014 10:22 AM

It has a beautiful lenticular sleeve of the guys.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th March 2014 06:39 PM

:pop2:SATURDAY NIGHT'S VIEWING IS SORTED!:pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th March 2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 397347)
:pop2:SATURDAY NIGHT'S VIEWING IS SORTED!:pop2:

Mine too. :popcorn: